- Get the registration packet with all the information you need to sign up and get things started.
- Once you register, you will receive a team preparation manual that guides you every step of the way in preparing and planning for the week. All the forms you need are here, along with ideas for fundraising, community building, and service to help prepare the hearts of your teens and adults for the service they will do.
- You will also receive a resource for follow-through when you return home from your week. It offers suggestions for sharing the experience with your parish, school, family, and friends.
- Site Coordinators work year-round to build relationships at the agencies where your youth will serve.
- The work is age-appropriate but challenging. We offer a variety of work—serving at soup kitchens, working in community gardens, day camps and senior centers. Young neighbors may help to build, demolish, paint, and repair homes. The Site Coordinator will work with you to make sure your team is matched with the right kind of service.
- We have experienced ministry leaders who love youth and have a passion for justice and service. The Program Director, Site Coordinator, and Prayer & Music Coordinator are women and men who understand justice, Catholic social teaching, and service. All leaders are screened with formal background checks and are dedicated to following Safe Environment guidelines.
- YNIA offers more than just great service. Evenings are filled with learning, reflection, and fun.
- Young people have a chance to share what they learn and participate in leadership.
- All activities reflect the values of justice, service, and solidarity with those whom we serve.
- Because the staff takes care of the details, you are free to minister to your team. It is a great opportunity to get to know your youth, build community, listen, and enter into the experience without having to worry about meals, program supplies and the million other things you usually do!
Young Neighbors is a Program You Can Trust
- Young Neighbors in Action helps participants grow in their understanding of the world around them. By looking at needs and issues in our communities, they learn the need for service, working for justice, and being advocates for those in need. Our hope is to move our teens from being doers of service to being people of justice.
- Since 1994, the Center for Ministry Development has offered Young Neighbors in Action. We are committed to providing you and your youth an experience that will change the lives of those you serve and your own.