If you have just registered, attempted to have your username reminder sent to you, or tried to reset your password and didn't get the email, here are some tips.
What might have happened ...
- A majority of the time (when you don't see the email) the email was sent but got delivered by your email provider into your spam/junk email folder
SOLUTION: Check your spam/junk email folder (or contact your email administrator)
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes (2-5) for the email to get sent from our system, in addition, it can sometimes take another few minutes to be processed by your email server/program
SOLUTION: Wait up to 15 min. and check again to see if it has been delivered
- Be sure that you are checking the email account that you used when you registered. All emails from our system can only be sent to the email address you originally used when registering (unless you have logged in to the site and changed your email address in the past).
SOLUTION: Check all of your email accounts
- In rare cases our system just can't connect to send your email. This only happens when there is a major Internet problem, but it does happen.
- For NEW registrations: Try to re-register with the same email address (and username). This will cause the system to re-send the email
- For username reminders and password resetting: Start the process again
- For ALL cases: Wait at least 15 min. between your attempts to register or reset your account
If you have checked your spam filters and tried the appropriate solutions above, please use the button (Report Login Problems) on the login page to have one of our staff members assist you. NOTE: Our staff members are only available during normal business hours, Pacific Time.
Do not try to re-register more than 2-3 times in a row. If you do that our system will think you are a malicious user trying to hack into our system and will block future log-in attemps. Only try registering 2-3 times. If that doesn't work please use the other solutions listed here.
Got a minute ... get your issue resolved faster
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words ... well that's even more true when trying to help someone with a computer problem.
If you can send us a picture (screenshot) of your web browser showing the screen with the problem it can often allow us to more quickly identify the problem and provide you with a fast solution. And if you can record a video of your screen showing the steps that you took leading up to the problem we can solve it even faster.
If you have any type of screen-capture system on your computer feel free to use that and send us a link to the image/video.
If you don't have a screen-capture system we recommend using Jing from TechSmith. It's free and allows you to take a snapshot or record a short (under 5 min) video of your screen/process. They even give you a free area to store (and share) a few snapshots or videos. It's a perfect solution for providing us with the informatioin we need to help you get your issue resolved quickly.
If you create a screenshot or video just post a link to the TechSmith online location for the picture/video - or you can share it with us via Google Drive, DropBox, etc. Just post the link in the problem report form.