If your group is larger than 6-8 people and has more than two adult leaders, you will most likely be split into different service work team for the week. Each team will have anywhere from 4 – 15 people with 1 – 3 adult leaders depending on the needs of our service sites, the size of the group on site, and the number and size of vehicles available.
After our community morning prayer, teams leave for their service sites by 9:30 a.m. and return to the home site by 3:30 p.m.
Some of our service sites include the following projects…
- Visiting with the elderly
- Painting exteriors and interiors
- Indoor/outdoor clean-up
- Home maintenance and repair
- Neighborhood revitalization
- Helping with children at daycare centers/boys and girls clubs
- Distributing food to the needy through community organizations
- Serving meals at community soup kitchens
- Sorting goods at thrift stores
- Working at nature preserves
- Assisting at no-kill animal shelters
- Helping with vacation bible camps for low income families
After returning from your worksite, you will have an opportunity to get cleaned up and enjoy some free time.